WordPress 3.4 was officially released yesterday, so here is PG4WP 1.3.0 !
PG4WP 1.3.0 is mainly aimed at PostgreSQL 9.1+ compatibility, but there are also some improvements on data import (to ease migration from a MySQL setup) and WPMU support (not much tested though).
I’ve run a bunch of tests over different version of WP (no plugin enabled at all) :
- Fresh install :
- WP 2.9.2 : OK (this is the least supported WordPress version from now on)
- WP 3.3.2 : OK
- WP 3.4 : OK
- Importing this blog’s data from WXR export (Tools>Export) :
- In WP 2.9.2 : OK
- In WP 3.3.2 : OK
- In WP 3.4 : OK
- Upgrading (after import) :
- From WP 2.9.2 to 3.4 : OK but had an error about `undefined function self_admin_url()` at the end of the upgrade process (I think it’s a WP 2.9 problem)
- From WP 3.3.2 to 3.4 : OK with no error at all
These tests were run using PHP 5.2.17 on Apache 2.2.17 using PostgreSQL 8.3.15 (sorry I couldn’t test on PostgreSQL 9.1).
Important note : if you have problems with creating new categories with an old install of WordPress/PG4WP you may have to run the following SQL statement in your PostgreSQL database :
SELECT setval(wp_terms_seq, (SELECT MAX(term_id) FROM wp_terms)+1);
This will correct the sequence value for your setup.
The next release will focus on optimisations and code cleanup.